Wednesday, March 27, 2013

An Official 'Safe Place'

Something needed to be done. EVERY SINGLE TIME I move an important receipt, paper, bill, document, etc. to a "safe place" so that I don't lose it, I LOSE IT!!!
I can never remember where that 'safe place' was and it disappears into some other dimension where all of my important things watch and laugh at me as I endlessly search for them.  I have a feeling it's the same place where one of every color of my socks go...
Anyway, I got this idea from one of my girlfriends who got the idea from, you guessed it, Pinterest!
The original post is from a blogger/professional organizer named Leah. This woman's Fabulously Organized Home is..well...fabulously organized. You should definitely check out all of her awesome ideas.
Here is my take on one of them:
This whole project only cost me $20.- which is well worth it to never have to lose my 'safe place' again!
The filing box (which is stackable) was $10.- from Target and the filing folders were from Office Max and were about $10.- for the pack of 25!
My folders are as follows:
Birth Certificates                                                                         
Marriage                                                                                      
Driving                                                                                          
Social Security                                                                              
Medical Records                                                                           
Credit Cards                                                                                  
Taxes
Insurance
Loans
Accounts
Home Contract
Vehicle Info
Warranties
Awards/Certificates
High School Diplomas
Pets
Military
Furniture Invoice
School/Internship
Repairs
Memberships
Instruction Manuals
Receipts
Applications
Moving Info

AND, the filing box is a good size, so there is plenty of room to add more folders & sections!
Now, if I only had a way to keep track of those socks...

No comments:

Post a Comment