Monday, April 1, 2013

Refurbish in Progress

I found this bad boy:
at the Good Will today for (drumroll please...)
That's right! 19.99 WHAT?! 
I've always wanted to refurbish something like this, and am super excited to finally have the opportunity to try!

So, I will take you through what I did step by step.
First, I cleaned the heck out of it! There were crayons, thumb tacks, and even some onesies stuck behind the drawers... ew!
I used this stuff to disinfect everything:
It worked like a charm. It removed all of the surface gunk as well as took some of that 'old furniture' smell away.
After it was completely dry, I started priming it. I used a thick oil based primer so that I would not have to sand anything down ;) LOVED this primer.


I will keep you updated on my progress & the steps I take to make this as beautiful as it will (hopefully) be ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment